Thursday, September 12, 2019

Dinner Church 2.0: Week One

Welcome to the first of our three-week sermon series called Dinner Church 2.0. Over the next three weeks we are going to examine three tables that Jesus inhabits and learn ways to join with Jesus at these tables in practical ways that help us to share His love with the people in and around our lives.

As you prepare for our service this weekend I invite you to take time to watch the video, read the scripture passage and reflect on the questions below. 


John 6:51-58

 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and this bread, which I will offer so the world may live, is my flesh.”

52 Then the people began arguing with each other about what he meant. “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” they asked.

53 So Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you. 54 But anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise that person at the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. 57 I live because of the living Father who sent me; in the same way, anyone who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 I am the true bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will not die as your ancestors did (even though they ate the manna) but will live forever.”

Questions for Reflection:
  1. What do you think Jesus meant when he said, “I am the living bread that came down from heaven?” (Vs. 51)
  2. How did the people take his illustration that to live they must eat him? How do you interpret this today?  
  3. What would it take in your life to fully identify with Jesus? Have you done this? If not, what is stopping you from fully identifying with Him?




No comments:

Post a Comment