Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Crossing the Bridge… …bringing others with us!

As we come together this weekend for our last message in this series on Building a Firm Foundation for an Uncertain Future we come to the place where we actually have to launch out and go over the bridge… enter into the mission field… walk out the door!

This is where we really begin to experience the fullness of incarnational living and it is where our faith comes together into something that is real and life changing. You are invited to prepare for this special weekend by watching the video, reading the Scripture passage and thinking through the questions below.

I look forward to being with you this weekend.


Scripture Reading:

Nehemiah 2:16-18
16 The city officials did not know I had been out there or what I was doing, for I had not yet said anything to anyone about my plans. I had not yet spoken to the Jewish leaders—the priests, the nobles, the officials, or anyone else in the administration. 17 But now I said to them, “You know very well what trouble we are in. Jerusalem lies in ruins, and its gates have been destroyed by fire. Let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem and end this disgrace!” 18  Then I told them about how the gracious hand of God had been on me, and about my conversation with the king. 

They replied at once, “Yes, let’s rebuild the wall!” So they began the good work.

Nehemiah 5:16
16 I also devoted myself to working on the wall and refused to acquire any land. And I required all my servants to spend time working on the wall. 

Reflection Questions:

  • After arriving in Jerusalem what does Nehemiah do with the city officials to start the process of rebuilding the wall of the city?
  • What is the officials response to Nehemiah’s invitation to rebuild the walls?
  • What does the verse from chapter 5 tell us about Nehemiah’s commitment to the process of rebuilding the walls?

No comments:

Post a Comment