Thursday, January 2, 2020

A Vision for 2020

It’s hard to believe that another year is here! How quickly 2019 has gone by––in fact, for that matter, isn’t it amazing how quickly the entire decade of the 2010’s has slipped into our memories? 
Every year between Christmas and New Years I spend some time reflecting on where I have been and looking forward to where God is calling me and our community. I am not big on making New Years Resolutions, but I do believe the new year gives us a unique opportunity to reflect and re-evaluate where we are on our journey of faith and make the necessary adjustments so that we can continue to find growth and depth in our walk with Jesus.

This Sunday I am going to share some of what I have felt God revealing to me over the past days of reflection and within my reflection I hope we will begin to get a vision for where God is calling our community in our continued walk with Christ in our journey of faith. As you prepare for this Sunday I invite you to watch the short video, read the Scripture passage and ponder the reflection questions. 

The new year is a great time to invite a friend to join with you in worship!

See you Sunday!!



Scripture Reading:

“But if you refuse to serve the LORD, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15

Reflection Questions:
  1. Joshua in calling the people to make a decision on whom they will serve and within this call he makes a bold declaration that he and his household will serve the Lord. As we launch into a new year how is this passage relevant to your life and journey?
    1. How can you apply both Joshua’s questions and his declaration to your own life today?
    1. What do it mean for you if you would, like Joshua, declare to serving only God with you life?



No comments:

Post a Comment